Friday, January 16, 2009

The Conversations: David Fincher


Readers: I bring you exciting news. Today at the well respected, well run and well read blog The House Next Door, a new series has debuted. It’s called The Conversations, and it features talented movie blogger Ed Howard, of Only The Cinema, and me. It works just like it sounds: Ed and I pick a film topic and have a conversation about it. The result, we hope, will be entertaining and thought-provoking, because we’ll be coming out with a new installment each month.

Our first discussion focuses on the films of director David Fincher. It starts with Fincher’s most recent work, The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, and then it goes into his previous films: Se7en, The Game, Fight Club, Panic Room and Zodiac. (Sorry, Alien3 fans. That one gets left out.) Given the breadth of this topic, this initial exchange is lengthy. Trust me, you won’t finish it during your morning coffee. But I hope you’ll head over to The House this weekend as many times as it takes to finish it.

Whenever a new edition of The Conversations drops at The House Next Door, you’ll see it spotlighted here. With that said, I point you away. Ed and I hope that our own conversation will lead to a much larger one with our readers. If you are so inspired, please leave your comments at The House Next Door.

The Conversations: David Fincher