Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Conversations: Nashville


I'm pleased to report that a new edition of The Conversations posted today at The House Next Door. In this installment, Ed Howard and I take on Robert Altman's Nashville. Ed and I agree and disagree with about equal measure over the course of the discussion, which touches on topics ranging from the film's timeliness (or lack thereof) to Altman's signature techniques. Whether you love or hate Nashville, there's quite a bit to chew on. As usual, Ed and I hope that our analysis is just the start of the discussion. So, please, head on over to The House Next Door and join the conversation!

Previous Editions of The Conversations:

David Fincher (January 2009)
Mulholland Dr. (February 2009)
Overlooked - Part I: Undertow (March 2009)
Overlooked - Part II: Solaris (March 2009)
Star Trek (May 2009)
Werner Herzog (May 2009)
Errol Morris (July 2009)
Michael Mann (August 2009)
Quentin Tarantino - Part I (August 2009)
Quentin Tarantino - Part II (September 2009)
Pixar (WALL-E) (October 2009)
Trouble Every Day (October 2009)
Lawrence of Arabia (December 2009)
Crash (1996) (January 2010)