Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Eyes of March (2014)



I was traveling when it came time for the sixth edition of the "Eyes of March."

Fair enough. But I didn't expect it would take me another month to finally get these images posted.

And I didn't expect that when I would sit down to do it that I would realize that, gosh, I hadn't set aside as many eye shots as I'd remembered.

Oh, well.

For the past few years, I've struggled to make time to write about movies. This year, I'm struggling to make time to watch them in the first place.

This isn't all bad. I'm back to running again after numerous injuries. I've taken up some new hobbies. And I'm succeeding at a goal I set for myself last year: to spend less time sitting down outside of the day job.

Things change. There are tradeoffs. But I still love eye shots. So, abbreviated and delayed as this edition is, I'm still happy to celebrate the "Eyes of March."

As in past years (see also: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013) feel free to make guesses in the comments, which I'll approve as quickly as I can.

Genuine heartfelt thanks to those of you who still swing by The Cooler when the light is on.

Enjoy! (Numbers correspond to the image below them)


(1)


(2)


(3)


(4)


(5)


(6)


(7)


(8)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, this gets harder for me as time goes by.

1. I want to say Indochine or The Ugly American - or it's an Asian film I haven't seen. Lust, Caution?

2. McCabe and Mrs. Miller

4. I know this one! It still eludes me.

7. OBVIOUSLY, Karl Malden. Cheyenne Autumn?

8. Looks like a puffy version of Brandon de Wilde. But I can't think of any film he was in in his later years. In Harm's Way?

Sorry I'm so pathetic on these. What amazes me is how you recall these images!

Anonymous said...

4. Team America: World Police

Barbara said...

The last one looks like Tim Robbins... not idea in which movie

Merrick said...

1. The last emperor?

5. Barry Pepper in The 25th hour?

8. Tim Robbins in The player?